Thursday, August 22, 2013

And now for a little comic relief...

The dining room breaks off in two directions; one being what we call our home office these days.  Back then it was my sister's temporary bedroom.  So stylish.

BEFORE:
image




Now before we move forward I must tell you, I decided that with these "after shots" I wasn't even gonna front.  No cute, clutter-free pics here.  I'm gonna show you the actual progress of this room.  As all of us do-it-yourself-ers know, there is always that one room (one if you're lucky) that looks like a bomb went off because it's the lowest on the list of priorities and basically just catches the overflow from every other room's current projects.  I might clean up before company arrives, but this is how I'm livin'.

Here she is in all her glory!

AFTER:


Yeah...I mean, I really don't even know what to say at this point.  What you see is what you get!  Feast your eyes.  In the future I want this wall below to be a gallery wall.
Also need to find a good way to organize and take advantage of that ONE closet I have down here.  Yeah, that's right, one closet downstairs and you're lookin' at it.  Not to mention it's underneath where the stairs are so it's got a nice sloped ceiling taking up much needed space.  I hate to complain though 'cause that's just another chance to get creative!


This room has gotten little more than a paint job in Martha Stewart's 'Eggplant' and a few unnecessary  additional pieces of furniture.  This is where alllllll the magic happens, baby...





Welllllll, that was embarrassing...  When I said I was gonna keep it real, I meant it.  You see?  We're like family now, you have seen the worst and you're still here.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I know you guys all have at least one garbage can of a room in your house.  And if you're not too chicken, send me a pic!  :) 



betty signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...