Monday, August 26, 2013

Kitchen Cart Remix

I'm really trying to keep on with the house tour, but I've been having way too much fun with little projects.  It's so hard not to finish them and post right away!  This one was a super simple little refresher for this kitchen cart.

I've had it for a while now, but I decided it needed an upgrade.  It's all part of my master plan: embracing color.  You'll probably notice I tend to lean towards black, white, gold, or some other neutral for everything.  It's been brought to my attention several times and now I'm trying to broaden my horizons and spice things up.


BEFORE:




AFTER:


Now there's a real pop of color!  I love it.

First I used my 3M sanding block on the entire cart and wiped it down with a mix of water and vinegar.  I used a spray paint that I found at Joann's Fabric and decided to give it a go.  It was about $7.99 a can and I used two cans.  I'd never used the brand before, Design Master, but it looked like exactly the color I had in mind.


Move over husband, I am now in love with this spray paint!  It sprays such a fine mist that the end result is pure perfection.  Very happy that I went with that.  If you look at this picture below, you can tell how fine it mists on.


See how softly it fades??  Really makes me want to try doing something ombre with this stuff.  It would be perfect for that.  Here it is after one coat (one can.)  I did 2 coats total.  Light, even strokes are key.  Learn from my mistakes.  I can be the most impatient person when it comes to this stuff.  I just want to see the finished result asap!

Another bonus, this paint dried in no time.  By the time I painted my cart from top to bottom, the top was practically good to go for a second coat.  Great for people like me who have a hard time waiting.  :)


It's worth the time it takes to make your projects look spectacular.  And honestly, this spray paint makes it easy.  I can't say it enough.  I'll definitely be trying out more of their colors on future projects.


I'm definitely starting to see this wall of my kitchen brighten up a bit.


And will ya check out that adorable little cow?!  Haha.  Had a super lucky day last week treasure hunting around town.  Picked him up at Goodwill for $1.99.  It was love at first sight..  I hate how off center it looks with the cart.  I had to have it centered on the wall though or it would've slowly driven me insane.  My plan is to just find more stuff to fill out underneath.  Or a bigger piece of furniture?  We'll save that for a later date.


I'm sure there are some of you clever enough to notice the lack of an "e" on the end of "sunshine."  Good job!  I ran out of thumbtacks.  Time for another run to Home Depot!  Aw, shucks..  ;)




betty signature

1 comment:

  1. I love that color against the color of your wall. The gray makes the color pop but the blue tones in the gray make it match, somehow. It's perf.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...